Friday, January 31, 2014

Sugar Block Club

Ever since I took Amy Gibson's 2012 Block of the Month on Craftsy, I have become a huge fan of hers!  This was the first block of the month I've ever done and I learned so much.  Hello, curved piecing, UGH, but I DID IT!  I have put the whole top together with white sashing, but I can't seem to find a pic, so here's one of all the blocks before the sashing!  It's also been basted and quilted along the sashing, but I'm still in the process of quilting the rest of the blocks using Leah Day's Free Motion Quilting a Sampler.  I had this grandiose plan to try my hand at FMQ on my first BOM.  Well, this quilt it a lot bigger than I realized and wasn't the smartest FIRST FMQ attempt on my old Bernina with a 6ish inch throat space!  Needless to say, it's STILL in a bag.....waiting..... :)

But, I digress!  Amy Gibson's blog, Stichery Dickory Dock, is super cute and she's such a good teacher!  I love her spirit (I feel she's my sister in Christ) and her heart for teaching!  So, I signed up for her Sugar Block Club this year.  What I especially like this year is it's more than just the quilting and yummy recipe, but about "BE"ing!  I'm striving to BE a stronger Christan, a better wife, a giving friend, a growing quilter, a servant, a learner..... 
Intention Definition
This first month was about being INTENTIONAL and I do have to say I have very much been more intentional about my prayer life this year!  I have to be honest, in the past, when I've said I'll pray for something or someone, I sometimes forget!  Yikes!  Well, this year, I've been more honest with myself, when I say I'm praying for someone, I NEED TO DO IT, and I have!  Not only is this growing my bonds with others but my relationship with God has been on fire!  It's amazing how powerful prayer is and how FAITHFUL God is!  I don't think I really knew how much God had His hand on my life until I had a more active prayer life and actually saw answered prayers on a daily basis!  God is Good, ALL THE TIME!


Based on that theme, January's block was called "Intention."  I'm using Kate Spain's Cuzco line for this BOM and am so excited to see how it all turns out!  H.E.L.L.O, gorgeous fabric!  It just makes me smile!  And here's my first block....


 


1 comment:

  1. Love your BOM for 2012. I am doing the February blocks today! I love your Cuzco. I am using some with another quilt...I've had that in the stash for a while!

    ReplyDelete