Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Lovely Year of Finishes

One of my goals in 2014 is to finish up my UFOs (unfinished objects).  I don't have a lot of them as I am pretty good at finishing my sewing projects (mostly b/c they are gifts with a due date)!  But, the more I'm quilting, the more my UFO pile is growing.  It's usually b/c something went horribly wrong (I forgot to tape pattern pieces together before I cut the fabric out and didn't realize until after stabilizer, grommets, yada, yada, yada, were already on) and I don't want to spend the time thinking and calculating how to fix my boo boos!  Or, the less frustrating reason, I have finished piecing several quilt tops and I need to quilt and bind them.

To help me with my UFOs, I am joining up with Lovely Year of Finishes to complete at least one project a month!  Yes, that means FINISHING them, quilting, binding, labels and all!  I completed 35+ projects last year, so hopefully this will keep me on track to complete just as many, if not more!

My January project is a Christmas tree skirt that I started last month that is still on my project wall!  It coordinates with the advent calendar I made using Kate & Birdies Winter's Lane fabric line.  I love the warm colors that are wintery without being too Christmas-y.  The calendar has pockets for daily Bible verses and a little treat.  We really enjoyed reading the Christmas story as husband and wife throughout December! 
 
While showing off my advent calendar, my sister encouraged me to make a coordinating Christmas tree skirt.  As you can see, it needs borders, backing, quilting, the center circle cut, and bias binding!  This is the perfect project for this month b/c I'd love to get it in my Christmas decoration boxes before they are hidden away until later this year.
 
BEFORE
 
AFTER
 
I'll post pics by the end of the month (I gotta enter those door prizes, you know!)  The harder goal for me is to continue blogging and linking up all these projects!  The biggest reason why I wanted to start blogging is to have a "proof" of my quilts and crafty things.  I have a terrible memory so I'd love something visual to look back on down the road!

1 comment:

  1. It will be nice to be ahead next Christmas! I have some of this line too, we must have similar tastes:)

    ReplyDelete