Tuesday, May 6, 2014

ALYoF May Goal

Well, April has come and gone and I barely got a lick of sewing done.  We moved from Texas to Kentucky and all my sewing stuff is STILL in boxes!  I've been trying so hard to get the entire (yes, I said ENTIRE) house painted before I set up all my quilting stuff.  I finally started painting the last room, my quilting area, today.  Hopefully, by Thursday, I'll be done painting and can start setting up the machine.  I'm having serious withdrawals.  On top of being majorly behind on some bee blocks, BOMs, QALs, and testing patterns, I never even started my April goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes.

Remember these Joel Dewberry fat quarters I was going to make into a baby quilt for my best friend?  Well, they still look like this.... somewhere.... in a box!  Sorry, bestie!  :( 

We've planned a trip to meet the little one this month, so I WILL get the quilt finished before we leave.  I'm leaning to a plus sign quilt pattern, thinking it'll go together pretty quickly.  I've always wanted to make one and these colors all coordinate so well together. 

So, that's my May ALYoF goal.  I also recently won a traveling stash box and will be having a fun giveaway for another blogger to be the new caretaker of it in the future.  Stay tuned, you don't want to miss it!

3 comments:

  1. That is tough! A lot to do with a move and the painting takes a lot of work. Good luck:) You will get through it eventually:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl so glad the box got there nice & safe. Thanks for letting me know. Good luck with your drawing.

    Tricia -TSB Mod.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a lot of work getting your new-to-you house ready to be *yours*
    So strong of you to be able to resist setting up your quilting cave. I love that name, may have to borrow it.
    I'm visiting from the new google group. I just love it!
    Lin

    ReplyDelete